The improved aesthetics achieved by restoring facial balance through orthognathic surgery, this may mean an invaluable boost in self-confidence and overall sense of well-being. The patient becomes more secure and more extroverted as a result of high self-esteem.
Fortunately, most of mandibular disproportions are simply a result of an unfavorable genetic expression of normal growth. As a result, most treatment plans are strictly aimed at the return to balanced and aesthetic function once a person has reached skeletal maturity.
How do I know if I need Orthognatic treatment?
If the dentist finds abnormal bony conditions of the face and jaw that cannot be easily treated with orthodontic treatment alone, orthognathic surgery may be required. Conditions that may need this type of surgery would include:
- TMJ disorders
- Sleep apnea
- Jaw deformity
- Malocclusions related to bony deformities
- Cleft palate
- Difficulty chewing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Excessive wear of teeth
How important is Orthognathic Surgery?
Orthognathic surgery doesn’t just treat jaw abnormalities, it improves the patient’s overall well-being. Not only can it improve your appearance and your self-esteem, correcting the alignment of your teeth and jaws can result in:
- Improved function of the teeth
- Improved speech impediments
- Better health from improved chewing, swallowing, breathing, and sleep
- Balancing or normalizing your lower face
Patients are often amazed at the depth of the physical and emotional benefits of this kind of procedure. Orthognathic surgery can be life changing.
The benefits in the medical area include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to chew (the inability to chew food properly).
- Myofascial pain dysfunction (MPD or painful spasms of the jaw muscles with a dysfunction associated with the mandible).
- Temporomandibular joint disease.
- Disability or speech pathology.
- Periodontal disease as a result of accelerated occlusal trauma.
- Disease tooth structure (tooth fracture, wear and / or early tooth loss), as a result of accelerated occlusal trauma.
Book your appointment online and
receive teeth cleaning procedure with $70 USD value for free
Quality and accessible dental care for your needs, experience the premier care of our staff. With more than 25 years of experience and A+ BBB Rating, Dental Image is your trusted dentist in Tijuana.
Book Your Appointment
Book Your Appointment Online
Book your dental consultation by paying in advance $45 USD, and receive teeth cleaning procedure with $70 USD value for free, plus $45 USD rebate in your next dental treatment in our clinic. A total of $135 USD value in services for free.